Chesnee Communications Providing 60 Days of Free Internet Service to Students – click here for more information.
To do our part in keeping the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) to a minimum, we have closed our office to the public and ask our customers to conduct Chesnee Communications business over the phone by calling 864-461-2211 or online at chesnet.net through April 3.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.gov) is keeping updated information on their website and we are closely monitoring it for the latest news on the virus.
Chesnee Communications offers a variety of ways to access your account or make a payment:
- Call 864-461-2211. You will need your account number.
- Click PAY/VIEW MY BILL at the top of the page. Login to our online portal. If you don’t have an online account, you can set one up from there. You will need your invoice number and bill amount due.
- Drop box access is available at our downtown Chesnee office.
We will remain committed to providing exceptional customer service to our members and customers throughout this time. The health and well-being of everyone is the utmost importance.
Chesnee Communications provides the supported services – residential voice telephony service and residential broadband internet access service – throughout its designated service area for residential customers. This supported service includes:
- Voice grade access to the public switched network;
- Minutes of use for local service provided at no additional charge;
- Access to emergency services provided by local government or other public safety organizations, such as 911 and enhanced 911, to the extent the local government in Chesnee Communications' service area has implemented 911 or enhanced 911 systems;
- Access to internet services at 18/2 download/upload speeds for home internet plans.
Chesnee Communications would be pleased to provide you with specific rates for your area upon request.
Chesnee Communications also offers qualified customers Lifeline service. Lifeline is a non-transferable, federal benefit that makes monthly telephone or broadband internet service more affordable on one home telephone line OR internet plan, but not both. Based on the income-related eligibility criteria described below, you may qualify for this program. This means you may receive a monthly credit for your voice telephone or broadband internet service. This Lifeline service also includes toll blocking to qualifying customers without charge.
The current discount provided under the Chesnee Communications' Lifeline service is up to $9.25 per month for each month that the customer qualifies. The South Carolina Lifeline assistance program provides a credit of $3.50 on the monthly telephone bill of qualified residents ($39.00 in savings per year). To receive this discount, an individual, a dependent, or someone in the household must participate in one of the following federal assistance programs: “Medicaid; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); Supplemental Security Income (SSI); Federal Public Housing Assistance; Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs.” Or, the total household income must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Lifeline is available on one telephone line per household. If you or someone in your household has Lifeline on a wireless phone, then you cannot get it on your home phone too. You may not transfer your Lifeline discount to another person, even if he or she qualifies for Lifeline. For more information about Lifeline, contact South Carolina’s Office of Regulatory Staff toll-free at 866-788-6565 or visit the Office of Regulatory Staff's website.
Call us at 864-461-2211 or visit our office to determine if you are eligible for Lifeline and to sign up.